Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Call for a revival- Tamara (play)


About a month  ago I went to the Stormville flea market in New York state with my family for a day full of walking, haggling and buying stuff I really didn't need. When we got to the flea market I was already sore due to a pair of new insoles that I had received just the day before. Anyway, when walking in you could just see the sea of items that were just waiting to be pawed through and brought to a nice new home. Well at about the third stand that I went to right on the front table of this guys stand I could see a familiar face that I recognized well, the face looking back at me was Tamara de Lempicka herself (in a green Buggati, I might add) but on the most unusual surface, on a pack of playing cards! I took a deep breath not wanting to show the guy running this stand my excitement (because that’s when the price goes up) I casually walk over picked up the cards ,and glanced the other chotchkies he had for sale “nothing could trum this purchases” I though. “who much for the playing cards” I asked “for you $1” I smiled in delight while whipping out my crumbled dollar bill from my pocket. I gently placed them in the pocket of my bag I was carrying. That day I bought a few other things but nothing as cool as these cards. On our way home I couldn’t stop admiring Tamera’s sultry look that just stared at me and this very prominent seal on each of the cards covering a small corner of the card that read “A true story you follow Tamera from room to room” this phrase led me to google it. on the first page I opened this was the first sentence “Tamara is a 1981 play by John Krizanc about the painter Tamara de Lempicka. The play is based on the historical meeting of Gabriele d'Annunzio and de Lempicka.”  Now what I also read on multiple different sites is that it was a play where the audience walks around through different rooms and follows what character they choose, so that each person sees a different version of the play and altered storyline, how cool right?  so I beg of people of the internet please help to get the attention of who ever we have to, to bring this back to a stage somewhere, where the new generation will be able to see theater in a new light. Bring history to life again “Tamera” we cry out in desperation of a revival. Haven’t we had enough Cabaret revivals please lets try something new help me to this out their we can all enjoy this “new version” of theater. 
- “Tamera” (play) 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tamara_(play)


(The picture that is on the playing cards)

No comments:

Post a Comment