Sunday, September 15, 2013

Recent Watch - "Annie Get Your Gun"


9/14/13- "Annie get gun" (1950) directed by Charles Walters, George Sidney, Busby Berkeley 
Featuring: Betty Hutton, Howard Keel 
When I choose to watch this movie I was in the middle of watching "As good as it gets" on TV but with the commercials it became a 3 hour movie and I couldn't take it. Anyway, this was a musical movie production of the sweetest, gun sling-ing-ist , damsel of the West Ms. Annie Oakley. I just happened to find this movie on demand through Comcast on the "Turner Classie Movie" network. I choose to watch this movie when I saw it listed as FREE because I love the song "Anything you can do I can do better" at first I didn't like the movie when she was basically an out skirted townsmen talking in a southern twang, I could not believe this was how the movie started but I laughed at how much technology had changed by seeing the "accurately" painted backgrounds and convincible lighting. After I got over the initial shock of the  beginning, the shoot out show started with Annie facing off her soon to be husband Frank Butler ,and shocker (sarcasm) she won! Leading her to start her new life on the road as a performance shooter and as people say "the rest was history". Overall the movie was ok I like the trick shooting (of corse by Annie and Frank) and some of the songs but I wouldn't watch it again anytime soon.  


No comments:

Post a Comment